Right of cancellation
Consumers have a cancellation right in accordance with the legal provisions relating to purchased goods and pursuant to the following:
Right of cancellation of goods
You have the right to cancel this contract within fourteen days without giving any reasons.
The right of cancellation lasts for fourteen days from the day
- you, or a third party named by you, who is not the freight carrier, took possession of the item(s), if you ordered one item or several items in the same consignment and the item(s) was and/or were delivered together;
- you, or a third party named by you, who is not the freight carrier, took possession of the last item, if you ordered several items in the same consignment and the items were delivered separately;
- you, or a third party named by you, who is not the freight carrier, took possession of the last partial delivery or the last item.
If several of the aforementioned alternatives apply, the cancellation period shall start when you, or a third party named by you, who is not the freight carrier, took possession of the last partial delivery and/or the last item.
If you wish to exercise your cancellation right you must inform us (W. Schneider+Co AG, Neue Dorfstrasse 27, 8135 Langnau am Albis, Switzerland; email: email@example.com; Tel: +41 43 377 78 78, Fax: +41 43 377 78 79) by means of a clear declaration (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or email) regarding your decision to cancel this contract. In order to comply with the cancellation period, it is sufficient if you have sent your notification of cancellation before the expiry of the right of cancellation period.
Consequences of cancellation
If you cancel this contract we must reimburse you all the payments that we have received from you, including the delivery costs (with the exception of additional costs that were incurred due to the fact that you wished for a delivery that was different to our most cost-effective delivery offered) immediately and within fourteen days from the date of receipt of your notification of cancellation. We shall use the same payment method for this repayment that you used for the original transaction, unless something different has been expressly agreed with you; in no circumstances will you be charged for the repayment.
We can refuse repayment for goods that can be sent as packages until we have received the goods or until you have proved that you have returned the goods, depending on which is the earlier point in time.
You must return the goods that can be sent as a package or that can be handed over immediately and in every case within fourteen days following the date when you informed us of the cancellation of this contract. The deadline is deemed to have been met if you send the goods before the expiry of the fourteen-day period. You must pay the costs for returning the goods.
You are only liable for any loss of value in the goods if this loss of value results from extra handling other than what is necessary to ascertain the nature and functioning of the goods.
The right of cancellation does not apply to distance contracts
- for the delivery of goods that are not prefabricated and for the manufacture of which the consumer had to make an individual choice or determination or which were clearly tailored to the personal needs of the consumer;
- for the delivery of goods that can quickly spoil or that are very close to their best-before date.
The right of cancellation lapses prematurely in the case of distance contracts
- for the delivery of sealed goods that are not suitable for return due to health or hygiene reasons if their seal has been broken after delivery;
- for the delivery of goods if these are inseparably mixed up with other goods following delivery due to their nature.